Yiannis Pantelidis is Managing Partner at PD Law Offices and also one of the founders.
Yiannis handles large-scale litigation and arbitration of civil and commercial disputes. He also deals with complex corporate issues and regulatory compliance matters related to banking, private insurance as well as other areas such as pharmaceuticals, commodities, automotive industry, shipping and marine insurance.
During his career, he has served as Special Advisor to the Ministry of Commerce as well as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, among many other important appointments. Thanks to his extensive knowledge of insurance law and his profound understanding of the insurance market, he also worked as an advisor to the Association of Greek Insurance Companies. In 2009, he was appointed as Life Insurance Portfolio Supervisor for insurance companies Aspis Pronia S.A. and Commercial Value S.A., whose license was revoked by the authorities.
Past experience, memberships & distinctions
- Member of Athens Bar Association (since 1979)
- Special Advisor to the Ministry of Commerce (1982 -1983, 1986 – 1988)
- General Manager of Ioniki Insurance Company (1983 – 1984)
- Special Advisor to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (1985 – 1986)
- Legal Counsel of the Association of Greek Insurance Companies (1988 – 1992)
- Advisor and insurance consultant of the Athens Organizing Committee for the Olympic Games 2004 (2001 – 2004)
- Life Insurance Portfolio Supervisor for Aspis Pronia S.A. and Commercial Value S.A. (2009)
- Head of the Legal Department of the Greek Export Insurance Organization (2002 – 2014)
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Institute of European Traffic Law, I.E.T.L. (2009 – present)
- LLM in Commercial & Economic Law, University of Paris Descartes V
- LLB in Law & Political Sciences, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens